When we launched the At the Core of Care podcast last year, we intended it to be a platform to share the stories of nurses across Pennsylvania. Now, more than ever, we need to ensure that people hear the perspective of nurses as you work to keep everyone in our state and nation healthy during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
If you are able, please consider sharing your story with us by recording a voice memo on your smartphone. You do not have to be in Pennsylvania to share your story.
Include the following information in your voice memo:
- What type of nurse you are
- What type of setting you work in
- Which state you are from
- Specify if you would like us to use your first and/or last name
- What your experience/observations have been so far (Example: How day-to-day operations are evolving? How nurses and colleagues can care for themselves during this time? Possible innovations that might be taking shape in response?)
Recording Voice Memo
- If possible, find a quiet space where you can position your phone six inches from your mouth. You could do this by either resting the phone on a stack of books that’s chin-height or resting the phone gently in your palm and holding it six inches from your chin.
- Save the file as a mp3 or mp4 and email it to PA Action Coalition Coordinator, Zaharaa Davood at
If you would like to engage in a longer conversation to discuss your work or have any questions, please email PA Action Coalition Coordinator, Zaharaa Davood at
You can also listen to previous episodes from our At the Core of Care podcast series here.
Wishing you good health and thank you again for all that you do.
At the Core of Care is a project of the Future of Nursing: Campaign for Action Innovations Award.