In response to the significant nursing retention issues healthcare was attempting to mitigate, the PA Action Coalition pulled together a special interest task force. The goal of the Nursing Stress, Resiliency, and Retention Task Force was to compile best practices, identified in literature and by practice, to address the significant challenges the nursing workforce faces.
Group membership included:
- Helen K. Burns, PhD, RN, NEA-BC, FAAN, Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Officer at Latrobe Hospital and Westmoreland Hospital, Excela Health
- Zaharaa Davood, MPH, Manager, Pennsylvania Action Coalition
- Jacqueline Dunbar-Jacob, PHD, RN, FAAN, Dean and Distinguished Service Professor of Nursing, and Professor of Psychology, Epidemiology, and Occupational Therapy at the University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing
- Lindsey Ford DNP, RN, NPD-BC, Director, Nursing Education, Magnet & Quality at Geisinger Wyoming Valley and Geisinger Community Medical Center
- Jennifer (Horn) Gimbel, Director, Pennsylvania Action Coalition
- Sarah Hexem Hubbard, Esq., Executive Director, Pennsylvania Action Coalition, and Executive Director, National Nurse-Led Care Consortium
- Monica J. Harmon, MSN, MPH, RN, Executive Director at the Community Wellness HUB located in the Dornsife Center for Neighborhood Partnerships; Assistant Clinical Professor of Undergraduate Nursing at the Drexel University College of Nursing and Health Professions; and Chapter President of the Southeastern Pennsylvania Area Black Nurses Association.
- Ashley Iannazzo, DNP, RN, CNL, Director, Clinical Operations, UPMC Center for Nursing Excellence
- Rev. Dr. Lorina Marshall-Blake, MGA, FAAN, President of the Independence Blue Cross Foundation and Vice President, Community Affairs, Independence Blue Cross.
- Joseph J. Napolitano, PHD, MPH, RN, CRNP, Vice President, Patient Care Services, Lehigh Valley Health Network
- Amy H. Ricords, MEd, BSN, RN, NPD-BC, Director of Professional Nursing Advancement, Pennsylvania Action Coalition
- Betzaida (Betzey) Medina Sasse, Critical Intensive Care Unit Nurse at Jefferson Health; Philadelphia Chapter President, National Association of Hispanic Nurses
- Janet Tomcavage, MSN, RN, Executive Vice President and Chief Nurse Executive, Geisinger
- Barbara Wadsworth, DNP, RN, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Nursing Officer, Main Line Health
- Zach Zobrist, Assistant to the President for Workforce Development, SEIU Healthcare Pennsylvania
Download the Toolkit